Logo for APA TAFE
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions


Q.  When will I receive my WSET results?

A. Below is a guide as to when your results will be available. If the time period below has passed and you have still not received your results please contact the Sydney Wine Academy.

  • Level 1 and Level 2 — results will be available 2 weeks after WSET receive the completed assessments.
  • Level 3 — results will be available 8 weeks after WSET receive the completed assessments.
  • Level 4 Diploma — results will be available 10-12 weeks after WSET receive the completed assessments.

Q. What if I fail a WSET or Wine Scholar exam?

A. You can re-sit any failed exam by completing the relevant re-sit examination booking form. Contact the Sydney Wine Academy for details.

Q. What happens if I’m ill on the day of my WSET or Wine Scholar exam?

A. You can apply for a deferral. However, you will need to supply relevant documentation. Please contact Sydney Wine Academy as soon as possible.

Q. I have lost my WSET Certificate & lapel pin, can I get another one?

A .Yes, email the Sydney Wine Academy and request a WSET replacement certificate form.  Please note that WSET will charge a replacement fee.

Q. If I have a disability what support is available?

A. TAFE NSW provides specialist support to students with a disability to help you complete your course.  See TAFE NSW Disability Services or contact the Sydney Wine Academy for more information. 

Q. Is there parking available at TAFE NSW Ryde?

A. Yes, there is plenty of parking onsite. The car park entrance is via 59 Parkes Street, Ryde.   

Q. Is there a minimum age required to attend classes?

A: Yes, a minimum age of 18 years applies to all students attending classes.

Q. I am a temporary visa holder, can I study with the Sydney Wine Academy?

A: Yes! If you are in Australia on a temporary visa that allows you to study, you are welcome to apply for one of our courses. We will only enrol you in courses when your visa is current, and it is your responsibility to provide visa documents which shows the visa remains current throughout your training with us. More information regarding Temporary Visa Holders can be found at https://www.tafensw.edu.au/enrol/payment-funding/temporary-visa-holders

Q. Where can I get more information about TAFE NSW policy and procedures?

A. More information about studying at TAFE NSW can be found at www.tafensw.edu.au/about.

Q. What is an APP?

A. APP is a Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) term and stands for Approved Program Provider. Sydney Wine Academy has been approved as an APP by WSET and must abide by the regulations set by WSET in delivering their courses in Australia.  

Q - How do I apply for Reasonable Adjustment for a WSET Assessment?

A - Prior to enrolment students must email the Sydney Wine Academy with any special needs which may require reasonable adjustment or assistance. All requests for reasonable adjustment are sent to WSET for review and approval. This must include supporting evidence. Contact the Academy for more information.

Q - Do I need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to do a Sydney Wine Academy Course?

A - Yes. If you don’t have your USI handy, you can search for it, or if you’ve never had one you can create one. Want to find out more about your USI or how to create one? Watch this video.

Q - How do I give my Unique Student Identifier (USI) to Sydney Wine Academy?

A - A staff member will contact you after payment has been made for your course.  Alternatively, please contact us on 02 7921 2399 or sydneywineacademy@tafensw.edu.au.